Friday, July 13, 2012

Shopping deals or shopping scams?


Several weeks ago, I went to Fred Meyers.
I saw this.



We have been thinking about getting another TV, not seriously looking, just thinking.
But this seemed like a good deal.
Not a fancy tv, just something to watch.
It was a Thursday evening.

On Saturday afternoon, I had to run back to Fred Meyers to pick up something. I don't remember what it was now... but I saw this.


I was disappointed. I thought to myself that I had missed the chance to buy it at $399.99.

During midweek the following week, I stopped by at Fred Meyers and the same exact TV was now $399.99 again. I got to thinking and realized that, maybe on weekends, they increased the price.... hmmmm?? Good sales technique?
I decided to monitor it for a few more weeks and guess what. Every weekend, these TVs would be $449.99 and on Mondays, the price would go back down to $399.99.
I guess it is a good marketing technique since most people "shop" during the weekends and on weekdays, the people that stop in are usually more or less in a rush.

Lesson: Buy on weekdays.



No comments: